What To Bring
To best prepare for the first consultation with your headache clinician, take a look at the list below. The better prepared you are for this consultation, the better your clinician will be able to understand your condition and how it’s affecting you.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early, in order to fill out your personal details and read through some information regarding your first consultation
- Wear clothes that allow easy access to your neck. Singlets or T-shirts are preferable. Collared shirts may need to be removed in order to assess your neck accurately.
- Bring any scans, X-Rays or medical reports you may already have. These aren’t compulsory, but your clinician can help you to interpret the results
- Please bring a list of any medication you have taken for your headache or migraines
- If you don’t have a headache diary, think about the following information before your first appointment
- How frequently you experience your symptoms?
- Where exactly you experience your pain?
- What your triggers are? if you have them
- Information about any previous injuries to your neck or head
- A list of any direct family members who also experience headaches or migraines
We are looking forward to seeing you at Gold Coast Headache & Migraine Clinic, if you have any questions about what to expect in your first session, please call 1800 HEADACHE